Sunday, April 18, 2010

OPENING DAY TROPHY

WOW!! Congrats Joe M.
Joe and I opened the 2010 Trout Fishing Season on a secluded stream in McKean County.
This was the 1st fish of the day, and only his 3rd cast of the season, when this trophy took his bait.
This fish measured 20 inches, and the girth was impressive!
I kept my wits, while trying to net the the giant Brookie, and managed to shoot some video footage. Neither of us new actually how big this fish was until we got it close to the net.
Joe's second fish of the day was an impressive 16 in. plus Brook Trout.
What a good start to our 2010 Trout Season.


What is kind of funny about this day, is that I had just purchased a new landing net before the season, to replace the 1 I had, which is kind of flimsy. I carried both of them on opening day and Joe asked me why?
I told him "1 is for the regular fish, and the other 1 is for big fish"
It was a good purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment