Monday, October 12, 2009

CAMP IN OCTOBER

JOE K. Headed to camp this weekend. I was going to stay home, but, earlier in the week, a good friend of mine Joe K. asked if I was interested. I'm glad he did!!
We decided to do some trout fishing, mushroom picking, and observe some fall foliage.
We arrived Thursday evening with camp in fine shape. After unpacking, we threw back a couple of beers and watched the Pens beat up on the Flyer's.
A great start to the weekend!
KINZUA TROUT 1st cast
The next morning, after a hearty breakfast, we headed to Kinzua Cr. for some trout fishing. My 1st and 2nd casts yielded 2 nice Rainbows and Joe missed 2.
CAST 2

I don't know what happened after that? The creek went dead. Not even a bump. I did manage to land the largest fish of the weekend about 2 hrs later, but that was all for the day.

We headed to another area to search for some wild mushrooms. There were plenty of mushrooms, but not what we were looking for.
After heading back to camp for some lunch my cousin Ray dropped in for a visit. He came bearing gifts (a case of Genny) Did I mention that Ray is my favorite cousin? Well he is now. After a couple of laughs he left for the Sportsman's camp in Kane.
Joe and I ended up doing yard work and put in a raised garden bed for garlic and onions.
Saturday we headed to the river, parked at Costa's, but we were surprised by the major construction going on in the river. Not a good sign. We drove to the bridge above the covered bridge(we have to come up with a name) and I landed 2 Brownies down stream.
ALLEGHENY BROWNS

The wind and rain chased us off the river and we headed back to camp enjoying the changing leaves.



FALL FOLIAGE





After some lunch, Joe headed behind camp to fish while I watched the Penn State game.
Joe had no success until he reached the bridge. From there to the Colored camp he landed 4 0r 5 and lost a few more. 1 nice carry over Brown. All in the slow water.
We had Pittsburgh steaks for supper and watched the Pens beat the leafs .
All and all a great weekend.










































No comments:

Post a Comment